Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcome!

This is the first of hopefully many postings on the Adventures of Team Shaw: Blog Edition. Since our friends & family are spread out around the world, I figured what better way to keep everyone informed of our latest happenings than to blog it. I hope to include Andy's latest Air Force adventures, my escapades as a stay-at-home mom, and of course (the only part anyone's really interested in), Will's latest and greatest milestones & developments.

The scoop so far this year: we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on New Year's Eve, Andy went to Vegas on a TDY for two weeks in January, then on another TDY to Florida in early February, we took our first weekend trip with the little man to the Blue Ridge Mountains over Valentine's weekend, and then we said our "see ya laters" as Andy headed off to Iraq. Mere days after he left, I started back to work at South Georgia Medical Center in the ICU, but quickly realized that the single working mommy gig was just too stressful, so I resigned. With Andy playing in the sand, Will and I now spend our days having tickle fests and going for long walks in our beautiful neighborhood. I met up with Max & Mary in Hilton Head just last week, and was able to take Will for his first swim in a pool. And somewhere in the first months of the year, we saw first smiles, first giggles, first rolls, and about a million other firsts from our handsome little squirt.

So, that's 2010 in 250 words or less. Just don't expect the rest of the year to be so concise. ;) I hope you enjoy the sometimes exciting but often mundane adventures of Team Shaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment